What we do with your information
- When you register for Brand Storm we ask for your name, company name, email address, phone number.
- Brand Storm uses the information we collect for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- As part of the buying and selling process on Brand Storm, you will obtain the email address and/or shipping address of your customers. By entering into our User Agreement, you agree that, with respect to other users’ Personal Information that you obtain through Brand Storm or through a Brand Storm-related communication or Brand Storm-facilitated transaction, Brand Storm hereby grants to you a license to use such information only for Brand Storm-related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages. Brand Storm does not tolerate spam. Therefore, without limiting the foregoing, you are not licensed to add the name of someone who has purchased an item from you, to your mail list (email or physical mail) without their express consent.
- Brand Storm collects e-mail addresses of people who send us e-mail. We also collect information on what pages users access and information provided to us by users via surveys and site registrations. Such information may contain personal data about you including your name, email address and phone numbers etc. We are not allowed to disclose such personal information without your written permission. However, certain information collected from you and about you is used within the context of providing our services to you. The information we collect is not shared with, sold or rented to others except under certain circumstances and which your use of the Service is deemed to provide to us a valid consent to disclose the following:
- Brand Storm employs other companies to perform tasks on our behalf and may need to share your information with them to provide products and services to you. Brand Storm may also share your information to provide products or services you’ve requested or when we have your permission.
- Brand Storm may use third party service providers to provide certain services to you and we may share Personal Information with such service providers. We require any company with which we may share Personal Information to protect that data in a manner consistent with this policy and to limit the use of such Personal Information to the performance of services for Brand Storm.
- Brand Storm may disclose Personal Information under special circumstances, such as to comply with court orders requiring us to do so or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
- We do not sell or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
Brand Storm owns the data storage, databases and all rights to the Brand Storm application however we make no claim to the rights of your data. You retain all rights to your data and we will never contact your clients directly, or use your data for our own business advantage or to compete with you or market to your clients.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Every computer that accesses our website is assigned a different cookie by us.
Google Analytics and Remarketing: We use a service provided by Google called Google Analytics (GA). GA permits us to reach people who have previously visited our site, and show them relevant advertisements when they visit other sites across the Internet in the Google Display Network. This is often called ‘remarketing’. Cookies can be used to track your session on our website, to serve customized ads from Google and other third party vendors. When you visit this website, you may view advertisements posted on the site by Google or other third parties. Through first-party and third party cookies, these third parties may collect information about you while you are visiting this website and other websites. They may use this data to show you advertisements on this website and across the Internet based on your prior visits to this website and elsewhere on the Internet. We do not collect this information or control the content of the advertisements that you will see.
Opting Out: You may be able to opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager (http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/), and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (http://www.google.ca/ads/preferences/plugin/). Your use of this website without opting out means that you understand and agree to data collection to provide you with remarketing ads using GA and cookies from other third party vendors based on your prior visits to this website and elsewhere on the Internet.
AdRoll Re-Targetting: As you browse Brand Storm website, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with Brand Storm. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, address or phone number.
Opting Out: You can visit this page (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) to opt out of AdRoll and their partners’ targeted advertising.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here or by means of a notice on our homepage so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.